E-mail marketing is consistently one of the most under-utilized small business marketing strategies. This becomes surprising when you realize that it is also one of the best performing marketing strategies in the world.
If you look at any large company you will see them sending e-mails out to keep their customers updated on their business, share new content or promote new products, services and sales. So what do they know that small business owners across Canada do not? Here are 7 reasons why you need to consider adding e-mail marketing to you marketing arsenal.
- 64% of consumers say that e-mail marketing is their preferred method of communication, beating even social media!
- A marketing message is 5x more likely to be seen in an e-mail than via Facebook.
- E-mail marketing is 40x more effective at getting new customers than both Facebook and Twitter.
- 7 out of 10 people have used a coupon or discount they received by e-mail.
- 45% of people made a purchase last year directly because of an e-mail marketing campaign.
- 4.24% of website visitors from e-mail campaigns make a purchase. Compare that with an average of 2.49% from search engines and 0.59% from social media.
- On average, every dollar spent on e-mail marketing will return $38 in revenue!
With statistics like these, it’s no wonder why 70% of businesses plan on spending more time on their e-mail marketing strategies next year and 80% plan on spending more money. Will you be one of them?
Start Improving Your Digital Marketing Today
Tired of guessing how to market your business online? Get a free digital marketing report card from Lure Marketing! We will analyze your current digital marketing efforts and provide you with a detailed list of recommendations for how you can improve them.
Start Growing Your Business Today
We help small business owners across Ontario grow their businesses using progressive digital marketing and website design tactics. How can we help you do the same?
Lure Marketing is a digital marketing agency based out of Kingston, Ontario. We help small businesses navigate and thrive in the online world.